Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Winter Hair & Scalp Saver - Redken Scalp Relief

It doesn't take long into the cold, dry season of the year before my hair and scalp starts to misbehave!
Fly-aways, dry and itchy scalp, frizzy ends, and brittle hair are all signs that Jack Frost has been around for a little while.
Dry hair and scalp problems are more likely to arise during the cold winter months than at any other time of year. This is mainly because of the dehydration, which develops primarily as a result of the lack of moisture in the air.


Dandruff Control Shampoo

I absolutely love Redken Scalp Relief shampoo and conditioner for treating and maintaining the health of my scalp and hair at this time of year.
I don't have dandruff per se, but as mentioned above, I usually experience dry and itchy scalp along with fly-away, frizzy hair and those products really keep those problems at bay.
In addition to these, I also use Redken All Soft Heavy Cream as a weekly intensive treatment.





From the Redken website:

"Why It Works:

  • Dermatologist-tested for safety
  • Contains pyrithione zinc, a powerful dandruff-fighting ingredient
  • Fights and controls dandruff flaking, itching and irritation
  • Purifies, mositurizes and hydrates dry scalp while soothing and calming
  • Leaves scalp hydrated, clarified and relieved
  • Leaves hair shiny, light and airy

Key Ingredients:

Pyrithione Zinc
Fights & controls dandruff

Hydro-zone System
Formulated with glycerin to hydrate scalp
Formulated with lavender extract to soothe & clarify

Scalp Relief products are formuled with Redken's breakthrough delivery system, the Interbond Scalp System. Similar in function to Redken's exclusive Interbond Conditioning System, the Interbond Scalp System carries key ingredients to both the scalp and the hair. These specialized ingredients break apart upon application and bind to the scalp and hair for targeted results".

Please note that I'm not in any way affiliated with REDKEN, nor is this text endorsed by the REDKEN company; I'm only recommending these because they've worked well for me and therefore I wanted to share.

That's all for now, folks; see you soon :)


2 comments:

Nixxy said...

I looooove All Soft! Makes my hair like velvet - just a shame it costs so much so I have to portion it out carefully to make it last... :)

Helen said...

Exactly! It's a great product, but you'll have to use it like gold because of the price :)