Thursday, April 23, 2009

More KONAD - Continued Practice Needed...

How are we doing today? ;)

I wanted to show you my mini Konad haul that arrived the other day. Let me tell you I am going to practice like a maniac to get the hang of this, I have such a loooong way to go ;) But, I think when finally mastering the technique it'll be all worth it because it is so pretty!
This Konading is far trickier than I initially thought it would be; either I get parts missing from the motif, or the stamp won't pick the motif up at all, or I scrape to hard, or....you get the idea ;)
I'm going to read Brooke's fab Konad tutorial for newbies (check it out if you haven't already) over and over and not give up until I get the hang of it!


This was in the mini-haul parcel...







I just adore the little seahorse! Cutie :)
And the dolphin; I am very fascinated by dolphins, I think they are wonderful, beautiful, intelligent creatures :)



I also got a nail polish clean up pen, for those unsightly little mistakes...



Off to practice; see ya... :)

xoxo

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck! You will get the hang of it, I just know it! I really like that gold fish on that plate.

Helen said...

Hi Brooke!
I won't give up until I do ;)
Yes, that little fish is a cutie as well!

Lucy said...

I just ordered my kit today. I hope I can do well with it. I also ordered extra polish and 2 plates. I had to order that cute cowboy plate I saw on Brooke. Good luck to you and happy Konading!

Velvet said...

Oh, I'm sure you will get the hang of this konading. I'm Sorry that I haven't got back to you. On the Beauty Network. It's been so busy around here. I feel like I'm getting behind in everything...lol! I will talk to you soon though!

krista carlson said...

That looks really neat...I can't wait to see what you do with this. I am sure you will master it. Practice makes perfect.

Helen said...

Hi Lucy!
Oh yeah; that cowboy motif is super cool! I'm sure you'll do well with it ;)

Hi Velvet!
Hey lady, it's actually the other way around; it's me who haven't gotten back to you :) I will shortly, though, promise!

Hi Krista!
I fell for this plate the moment I saw it; I love water and obviously (some of) the animals associated with it ;)

Nixxy said...

Good on you! I just don't have the patience to try the kondading - I know it will only lead to the nut-house for me! :)

Mary said...

I think you'll really enjoy it once you get the hang of it. I agree though, it's not quite as easy as I thought, at first :)

Helen said...

Hi Nixxy!
LOL: that's one of my fears too, that it will get me into nut-house :) Hopefully it won't..

Hi Mary!
I'm sure I will; I've seen soooo many beautiful Konadicatures online :)